To keep on Being
Facilitator: Venerable Olande Ananda
Recordings of all the 12 sessions
May: Fridays 6,13,20,27
June: Fridays 3,10,17,24
This course will give a theoretical and practical introduction to meditation, by mainly focusing on mindfulness, loving kindness and compassion. There will be enough space for questions and discussions.
Recommended study material
The Experience of Insight by Joseph Goldstein https://www.bps.lk/olib/bp/bp520s_Goldstein_Experience-of-Insight.pdf
The Heart of Buddhist Meditation by Nyanaponika
Letting Go of Expectations & Craving by Joseph Goldstein https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdRbpkvAZ0
Factors of Awakening: Mindfulness by Joseph Goldstein https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfh6VJeFno
Mindfulness - Thich Nhat Hanh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDhn7e8MCWI
The True Meaning Of Mindfulness | Eckhart Talks With Jack Kornfield
Start meditation not knowing | J. Krishnamurti
What is the difference between insight and enlightenment? | J. Krishnamurti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhmNxOdxRJM
On the difference between observing and thinking about oneself | J. Krishnamurti
Buddha Net, one of the best websites on Buddhism www.buddhanet.net
Born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Jan. 1948. Ven Ananda Thera studied Economic Sociology at the University of Amsterdam. He was Ordained in Sri Lanka in 1975 at Pagoda, Nugegoda, and practised meditation at Kanduboda Meditation Centre, in 1975 and 1976. In 1977, he received Higher Ordination received and stayed at Sri Vidya Vijaya Aramaya, Pagoda from 1975 onwards. From 1979 to 1984 he was a resident teacher at Rockhill International Meditation Centre. From 1982- now: Buddhist Delegate to Inter-religious living Dialogue, held in Germany, Sri Lanka, India, Bali, Japan, Pakistan, France etc.
• 1985-1997: Rain Forest Hermitage near Galle, Sri Lanka
• 1989-90: Vipassana Meditation Retreats held in South Africa
• 1991-1996: Conducted yearly meditation sessions in Ladakh, Himalayas
• 1993 and 1995: Conducted Meditation Seminars at Borobudur, Indonesia, around Wesak Festival.
• Since 1997, connected to Pagode Vanh Hanh, Vietnamese Temple in Holland
• Teaching meditation around Europe.
• Since 1997 Resident meditation teacher at Pagoda Meditation Centre, Pagoda, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka